0.1 Installation instructions
[ << Previous ]
[ Index ]
[ Next >> ]
- Make sure you can run cgi scripts from your server. Some free web hosts don't allow you to
run cgi scripts. In this case you have to change your web hosting company or sign up for one of the remote search services.
- You've already received file apbsearch32Pro.zip (or apbsearch32Light.zip). Open this archive, extract file setup32Pro.cgi (setup32Light.cgi).
- Upload this file into the directory from which you can run CGI scripts.
It's usually /cgi-bin directory and it probably already exists since it is usually created
by your system administrator during account creation. However, sometimes you have to create this directory yourself. Upload this file in ASCII mode, not binary, not auto.
- We recommend you to create new folder inside your /cgi-bin directory called /APBSearch. Chmod it to 755. If you get permission denied error during installation, try chmod it to 777.
- Set permissions to setuppro.cgi (setuplight.cgi) file. Chmod it to 755 (readable and executable by everyone, writable by owner only).
- Run setuppro.cgi (setuplight.cgi) from your browser. If you've placed this file into /cgi-bin/APBSearch directory, type http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/APBSearch/setuppro.cgi into location (address) field
of your web browser.
- Follow script instructions. If you received 500 Internal server error, something went wrong during file upload. If you get any other error messages during installation, please, see Part C: Error messages for help.